Eggplant puree with jackfruit sauté is a novel and delicious dish because it mixes the subtle sweetness and meaty texture of jackfruit with the velvety smoothness of aubergine puree. This fusion cuisine combines the exotic touch of jackfruit with the Mediterranean flavors of roasted eggplant to produce a really memorable dining experience.
When I shared my last blog post, I asked my insta followers if they like to see more traditional vegan recipes and 83% voted yes. So, I decided to take this Ottoman recipe and make it vegan. Originally, the puree is topped with lamb cubes. Instead, I replaced it with young jackfruit😀
If I was a chef in an Ottoman kitchen, probably it would have been replaced with my head instead haha. It turned out to be really good, I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!
Preparing the Aubergine
- Prepare an oven temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C).
- Make several holes in the aubergines with a fork or knife so that steam may escape while they roast.
- For 45-50 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the skin is browned and the meat is soft and delicate, the aubergines should be roasted.
- After cooking, remove the aubergines from the oven and let them cool for a while.
Instructions for making Pureed Aubergine:
- After the roasted aubergines have cooled enough to be handled, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the flesh from the aubergine and put it in a basin. Put the skins in the trash.
- Mash the eggplant flesh with a fork or run it through a food processor to make it smooth and creamy. Don’t mess with it.
How to prepare a Jackfruit Sauté:
- One tablespoon of olive oil is heated in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toss in the chopped onion and garlic, and cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the drained jackfruit to the skillet and sauté for about 5-7 minutes, breaking it apart with a spatula, until the texture resembles that of shredded meat.
- Before covering the jackfruit, a generous amount of ground cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper should be applied. Two or three more minutes of sautéing will help the flavors meld.
Adding the Aubergine puree to the Jackfruit Sauté:
- Mix the pureed aubergine with the jackfruit that has been sautéed.
- Gently combine the aubergine puree and jackfruit, making sure the jackfruit is evenly spread throughout.
- Cook the mixture for an additional 2–3 minutes to allow the flavors to combine and the dish to heat through.
Putting It All Together:
- Serve the jackfruit sauté on top of the aubergine puree on separate dishes or a large platter.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for a taste boost and visual boost.
- The main meal should be served with warm rice, crusty bread, or another suitable accompaniment.
The velvety smoothness of the puree is a perfect complement to the distinct flavor and texture of the jackfruit in this fusion meal of aubergine puree with sautéed jackfruit. Your taste buds will be begging for more of this delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors and the exotic twist of jackfruit. Whether you’re a vegan in search of creative recipes or a foodie searching for a fresh and unusual dish to wow your guests, Aubergine Puree with Jackfruit Sauté is a must-try culinary journey that’s sure to please and delight.