Apple pie is a classic dessert that is especially welcome in the fall and winter months. However, many traditional apple pie recipes call for eggs, butter, or milk—all of which vegans should refrain from consuming. The good news is that you can easily whip up a satisfying vegan apple pie that doesn’t sacrifice flavor.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a vegan apple pie recipe that takes inspiration from elmal kurabiye, a Turkish dessert often known as “apple cookies.” Spiced apple jam-filled cookies with a powdered sugar coating. They are perfect for a warm dessert on the holidays or a midday snack.
Ingredients and Preparation
To make this vegan apple pie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Warm a quarter cup of coconut oil and stir it into the cookie batter.
- brown sugar (a quarter cup) and non-dairy milk (almond, soy, or oat) (a quarter cup)
- One teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- Any kind of flour, two cups
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
Apple pie filling ingredients:
- Prepare the apples by peeling and dicing three medium-sized apples.
- Half a teaspoon
- Ingredients: 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 teaspoons white sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- a quarter of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of ground cloves
- For a final flourish, dust with powdered sugar.
To prepare the cookie dough, do the following:
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, brown sugar, vegan milk, and vanilla extract using a whisk.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquid while stirring with a wooden spoon or your fingertips. To make a soft dough, keep mixing.
- After plastic wrapping the dough, chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
To prepare the apple filling, follow these steps:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the apples, water, lemon juice, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a boil.
- After simmering on low heat for 15–20 minutes while stirring occasionally, the apples should be soft and the liquid should have thickened.
- The apple filling should be cooled in the refrigerator before being used.
How to make vegan apple pie cookies in the oven:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit), and have a baking sheet ready.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- After greasing a baking sheet, use a glass or cookie cutter of the same diameter to stamp out rounds of dough, which should then be transferred to the sheet.
- Use a teaspoon to stuff the apple filling into each ball of dough.
- Fold over the dough and press along one edge to seal in the filling.
- Use the extra dough and filling to make another batch. Twenty cookies should be fine.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15–18 minutes.
- After a few minutes, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The cookies should be dusted with powdered sugar before being served.
Health Benefits and Drawbacks
You should be aware of the many benefits and drawbacks of this vegan apple pie recipe. Here are a few illustrations:
- Reduced risk of heart disease, improved control of blood sugar, and fewer digestive troubles are just some of the benefits associated with apples’ high fiber content.
- Apples’ vitamin C and flavonoids are two examples of the antioxidants that protect the fruit’s tissues from free radical and inflammatory damage.
- ‘Coconut oil, which contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), may help with both weight loss and mental acuity.
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves have antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that can help keep disease at away.
- The high calorie, sugar, and fat content of this vegan apple pie dish could lead to weight gain and health issues if consumed on a regular basis.
- When it comes to helping your body build and repair muscle, this vegan apple pie recipe falls short.
Some people may have an allergic response to or have stomach upset from the flour in this vegan apple pie recipe.
How to serve Easy Vegan Apple Pie – Kolay Vegan Elmalı Kurabiye Recipe?
Vegan apple pie can be eaten in a variety of forms. Some ideas are as follows:
- You can have them as-is with your preferred hot beverage for a simple and delicious dessert or snack.
- The addition of vegan whipped cream or ice cream transforms these into a decadent dessert.
- Vegan caramel or chocolate sauce can be utilized to elevate the dish to the next level.
- They’ll keep for three days at room temperature or a week in the fridge if sealed airtight.
Vitamins and Minerals
According to MyFitnessPal, below is the nutritional information for one vegan apple pie cookie (about 50 grams):
- Power Sufficiency: 149
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Protein content of 2 grams.
- Fat: 5 g
- Low in fiber (1 g).
- 11 grams of sugar
- Coca-Cola: 0 mg
- Potassium levels are relatively high at 60 milligrams.
- Amounting to roughly 14 mcg, calcium
- Iron content: 1 mcg
- Two milligrams of vitamin C
Why Choose Easy Vegan Apple Pie – Kolay Vegan Elmalı Kurabiye Recipe?
This recipe for vegan apple pie is fantastic in many ways. Here are a few illustrations:
- This dish is vegan because it does not contain any dairy products, eggs, or butter. This might be good for the planet, the animals, and even your health.
- It’s easy to throw together because it requires no special equipment or ingredients. You can prepare the cookie dough and filling separately and then bake the cookies whenever you please.
- The sweet and acidic flavor is balanced by the soft, chewy texture. The apple filling and spices give it a comforting aroma and warm taste.
In conclusion, this recipe for vegan apple pie is a great way to make a delicious, classic dessert without resorting to any methods that could potentially harm animals.
All you need are commonplace items found in most supermarkets and pantries. It can be cooked in a variety of ways because of its versatility.
It’s high calorie, sugar, and fat content necessitates moderation and eating it with other healthful options. If you’re looking for a vegan apple pie that takes inspiration from the Turkish elmal kurabiye, give this one a shot. Just do it; you won’t regret it.
1. What is this vegan apple pie recipe inspired by?
As the name implies, this vegan apple pie is based on the Turkish dish elmal kurabiye, sometimes known as “apple cookies.” Powdered sugar coats these spiced apple jam-filled cookies.
2. What are the key ingredients for the cookie dough?
Coconut oil, brown sugar, nondairy milk (almond, soy, or oat), vanilla bean extract, flour, baking powder, and a bit of salt are needed to make the cookie dough.
3. How is the apple pie filling prepared?
To prepare the apple pie filling, apples are diced and cooked in a mixture of lemon juice, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and crushed cloves until mushy and the liquid has thickened.
4. How do I assemble and bake the vegan apple pie cookies?
Cookie dough is rolled out, cut into circles, apple filling is spooned over each round, and the dough is folded over and sealed. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
5. What are the health benefits of this vegan apple pie recipe?
Apples are beneficial to your heart, blood sugar, and digestion due to their high fiber and antioxidant (vitamin C and flavonoid) content. MCTs included in coconut oil may aid in shedding pounds and keeping the mind sharp. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects of the spices are well known.