Veganism’s meteoric rise has inspired a slew of exciting new dishes, including meatless takes on old favorites like pizza. A popular pizza place, Mod Pizza, has introduced a vegan pizza that fans of both vegan and traditional pizza will like. This article will examine the vegan pizza recipe used by Mod Pizza, including its components, method, and commonly asked questions.
Mod Pizza’s Vegan Pizza Recipe
Mod Pizza Vegan Recipe
- Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce (check for vegan certification)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cheese (shredded)
- Sliced vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, red onions, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc.)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Make the Dough:
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a bowl and let aside to foam for about 5 minutes.
- Knead the yeast mixture with the flour, salt, and olive oil until a smooth dough forms.
- The dough has to rise in a warm area for about an hour, covered with a moist towel, or until it has doubled in size.
- Turn on the oven heat:
- Get the oven up to temperature, preferably 475 degrees Fahrenheit (245 degrees Celsius).
- Mold the Flour:
- When the dough has risen to the proper level, punch it down and cut it into pizza crusts.
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece to the desired thickness.
- Pizza condiments:
- Cover the rolled out dough with tomato sauce, leaving a border for the crust.
- Season the sauce with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
- Shredded vegan cheese should be liberally sprinkled on the sauce.
- Vegetables, please!
- Distribute the cut veggies over the cheese.
- Pizza in the Oven:
- Place the pizza on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Ten to fifteen minutes in a hot oven will get you a golden crust and melting cheese.
- Fresh basil leaves sprinkled over hot pizza add an extra dimension of taste.
Do you use homemade or premade vegan pizza dough at Mod Pizza?
The pizza dough used by Mod Pizza is vegan, and the recipe for it is included on their website. This allows you to alter the dough to suit your tastes and dietary needs.
Can I use vegan cheese that I buy at the store?
Shredded vegan cheese is widely available in supermarkets, so you may use it instead. Pick a brand you like, but make sure it’s vegan-approved and melts easily.
Is there gluten-free dough available?
You may use gluten-free flour mixes for the dough, but you may need to make some tweaks to the texture and rise of the crust.
Can I make changes to the condiments?
Absolutely! At Mod Pizza, you’re free to be creative with your vegan pizza by adding whatever plant-based toppings you choose.
Fans of pizza now have a great chance to try a plant-based option that doesn’t skimp on flavor or quality thanks to Mod Pizza’s vegan pizza recipe. You may enjoy the delicious mix of vegan cheese, fresh veggies, and aromatic herbs on a flawlessly cooked crust by following the easy recipe and directions provided. So, if you’re a vegan or just searching for a tasty plant-based lunch, I highly recommend trying Mod Pizza’s vegan pizza.