For those seeking a delectable and straightforward vegan dessert, the no-bake vegan mosaic cake presents an enticing option. Also known as vegan mozaik kek in Turkish, this cake has gained popularity not only in Turkey but also across the Middle East. Crafted from vegan biscuits, chocolate, coconut butter, coconut milk, and pistachios, the cake boasts an exquisite mosaic pattern when sliced. Whether celebrating a birthday, a holiday or simply satisfying a sweet tooth, No-Bake Vegan Mosaic Cake – Vegan Mozaik Kek Recipe proves to be a versatile treat.
Ingredients and Preparation for No-Bake Vegan Mosaic Cake
To create this cake, gather the following ingredients:
- 150 grams of vegan milk chocolate
- 250 grams of coconut milk
- 225 grams of vegan-friendly sugar (ensure it adheres to vegan standards)
- 150 grams of coconut butter
- 250 grams of pistachio crumbs
- 225 grams of vegan biscuits (recipe provided below)
If you opt to make your own vegan biscuits, you’ll require:
- 700 grams of flour
- 25 grams of baking powder
- 450 grams of room-temperature coconut butter
- 350 grams of vegan-friendly sugar
- 50 milliliters of coconut milk
The cake preparation involves the following steps:
- To make the vegan cookies, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda or powder. In a separate dish, whip the coconut butter and sugar with a hand mixer until frothy. Blend well as you add the coconut milk gradually. Place the dough on a floured board and spread it out to a thickness of about 1 centimeter. Make circles with a glass or cookie cutter and arrange them on the lined baking sheet. Let them cool on a wire rack once they’re done baking, which should take around 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until melted. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the coconut butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble the cake by lining a loaf pan with plastic wrap, ensuring some overhang on the sides. Sprinkle half of the pistachio crumbs evenly on the pan’s bottom. Break the biscuits into small pieces and place them in a large bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuits, gently tossing to coat. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, pressing it firmly and evenly. Sprinkle the remaining pistachio crumbs on top, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, lift the cake out of the pan using the plastic wrap and place it on a cutting board. Slice and enjoy!
Health Benefits and drawbacks of No-Bake Vegan Mosaic Cake
The no-bake vegan mosaic cake offers both nutritional advantages and potential drawbacks. Noteworthy benefits include:
- Rich in fiber, supporting digestion, blood sugar regulation, and cholesterol management.
- Abundant in antioxidants from ingredients like chocolate and pistachios, contributing to combating oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Dairy-free and egg-free composition, making it suitable for individuals with allergies or intolerances.
- Lower in saturated fat and cholesterol in comparison to traditional butter and cream-based cakes.
However, it’s essential to recognize potential drawbacks:
- Elevated calorie, sugar, and fat content, which can contribute to weight gain and dental issues if consumed excessively.
- Possibility of gluten traces from the biscuits, posing concerns for individuals with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
- Potential deficiency in crucial nutrients like calcium, protein, vitamin B12, and iron, typically found in animal products. Vegans should consider supplementation or consuming fortified foods.
Serving Suggestions for No-Bake Vegan Mosaic Cake
The no-bake vegan mosaic cake serves as a versatile dessert or snack suitable for any time of day. It can be savored on its own or accompanied by fresh fruits, whipped coconut cream, or vegan ice cream for an extra treat. Adding chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, or edible flowers can provide a festive touch to its presentation.
Nutrition and Vitamins
Approximately, a 100-gram serving of the no-bake vegan mosaic cake contains:
- Calories: 401 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Sugars: 26.5 g
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Saturated fat: 7.8 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Vitamin C: 0.2 mg
- Calcium: 18 mg
- Iron: 1.9 mg
The no-bake vegan mosaic cake serves as a versatile dessert or snack suitable for any time of day. Vegan mozaik kek in Turkish, this cake has gained popularity not only in Turkey but also across the Middle East. Crafted from vegan biscuits, chocolate, coconut butter, coconut milk, and pistachios, the cake boasts an exquisite mosaic pattern when sliced.
Q: What is a no-bake vegan mosaic cake?
Answer: Pistachios, coconut butter, coconut milk, vegan biscuits, and chocolate are the main components of a no-bake vegan mosaic cake. It doesn’t need to be baked and has a gorgeous mosaic pattern when cut.
Q: How do I make a no-bake vegan mosaic cake?
A: Melt the chocolate and combine it with the coconut milk, sugar, and coconut butter to make a no-bake vegan mosaic cake. The next step is to press the chocolate-coated biscuit crumbs into a loaf pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours after topping with pistachio crumbs. Slice it up and have some fun!
Q: What are the health benefits and drawbacks of a no-bake vegan mosaic cake?
A: A no-bake vegan mosaic cake can be a nutritious dessert option due to its high fiber content, low glycemic index, and lack of dairy. It’s loaded with sugar and fat and can be missing certain key nutrients, though. As a result, it needs to be part of a healthy diet and consumed sparingly.
Q: How can I customize a no-bake vegan mosaic cake?
For a vegan mosaic cake that requires no cooking, try mixing and matching various kinds of vegan cookies, chocolate, almonds, and dried fruits. You can swap out ingredients like chocolate, nuts, and dried fruit to create something new and exciting.
Q: How can I store a no-bake vegan mosaic cake?
A: A no-bake vegan mosaic cake may be kept fresh in the fridge for up to a week or frozen for up to a month in an airtight container. The recommended thawing time is 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
Enjoy! No-Bake Vegan Mosaic Cake – Vegan Mozaik Kek Recipe