If you’re looking for a sweet snack that combines the lovely crunch of nuts with the natural sweetness of figs, go no further than these vegan and gluten-free fig bites. These delightful bite-sized snacks are not only a great option for those who follow a vegan or gluten-free diet, but they are also a healthy and flavorful treat for anyone.
Dates are often used for snacks, smoothie bowls, and desserts and they are great but, how about dried figs? They are a great source of fiber, help to balance blood pressure, and reduce cholesterol. If you are tired of using dates, switch with Figs just for a change. I will share some other recipes which can help you with late-night cravings.
INGREDIENTS (85Kcal per bite):
- 4-5 dried figs, soaked
- 2 table spoon coconut or almond flour – I used Organic Larder’s coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – I always use Earth’s Finest coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- cinnamon, nutmeg (optional)
- The first thing you need to do is soak the figs in warm water for around 10 to 15 minutes so that they soften. As a result, the fig pieces will mix more easily, and their texture will be refined.
- To make a smooth mixture, drain the figs and place them in a food processor. To taste, stir in maple syrup or agave nectar in addition to the vanilla extract, salt, and finely chopped almonds. Blend the ingredients in a food processor until they form a cohesive dough.
- To make the Fig Bites, scoop out a tiny quantity of the fig mixture and roll it between your palms until it forms small, bite-sized balls. If the mixture is excessively sticky, gently wiping your hands with water may help. The fig bits can be rolled in chocolate powder or shredded coconut for an extra dose of flavor and texture.
- Make sure the fig bits are firm by placing them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes after preparation. This will help the bites keep their form. Once they’ve chilled, you can enjoy them as a sweet treat or a light snack. Refrigerating leftovers in an airtight container allows for storage for up to a week.
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors and textures by making your own adjustments. Add a pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg for a toasty and fragrant twist. Alternately, you might add things like chia seeds, coconut flakes, or even dark chocolate chips to your fig bits to make them more to your liking.
Vegan and gluten-free fig bites are a tasty and healthy snack option, combining the natural sweetness of figs with the crunch of almonds. These bite-sized snacks are suitable for vegetarians and those on a gluten-free diet, and they only require a few simple ingredients and preparation methods. Whether you eat them as a guilt-free dessert or a quick pick-me-up throughout the day, these fig bits are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. The combination of flavors and textures in these vegan and gluten-free fig nibbles is out of this world.