Vegan feta+pesto toast combines the rich and creamy flavors of vegan feta cheese with the fresh and aromatic notes of pesto. This satisfying vegetarian snack requires few ingredients and is quick to prepare. The versatility of Vegan Feta+Pesto Toast means that it may be enjoyed as a quick breakfast, a light lunch, or a savory appetizer and will be enjoyed by vegans and omnivores alike.
This is my all-time favorite recipe. I am a sucker for pesto sauce. Anything with pesto reminds me of Italy. I hope once this pandemic has vanished I can visit my favorite country again. This time I would discover vegan restaurants and share an eco-friendly country guide for you. Anyway, let’s dig into this tasty recipe.
- 2 bread slices – I used farmhouse bread
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach – used this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or water – no need if you use fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove – no need if you use fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon vegan pesto sauce (recipe is coming soon)
- Vegan feta or vegan mozzarella – I used this
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter – I used this
- Pesto is made by blending or processing fresh basil leaves with pine nuts or walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. The ingredients can be blended into a pesto sauce by pulsing them.
- Toasted bread should be toasted until it is brown and crisp. Broiling can be done in either a conventional oven or a toaster oven, or in both. Keep a close eye on the bread so it doesn’t burn.
- A generous layer of the homemade pesto should be spread on each slice of toasted bread. Coating should be uniform for maximum flavor.
- Vegan feta cheese should be added. Crumble the vegan feta cheese and sprinkle it over the pesto-slathered bread cubes. Distribute it evenly so that it covers each slice.
- Cherry tomatoes, olive slices, and fresh basil leaves are all great additions to the Vegan feta and pesto toast for an extra burst of flavor and color.
- Put the Vegan Feta+Pesto Toast on a serving tray or separate plates. Now you may enjoy this tasty vegan snack by yourself or serve it to guests.
Tips and Variations:
- Vegan feta cheese may be found at most supermarkets and vegan grocery stores. Vegan feta cheese may be easily made at home with tofu or almonds.
- Choose a loaf of bread after sampling many kinds to locate one that you enjoy eating and that also meets your dietary needs. You can have your choice of gluten-free or whole grain bread.
- Additional toppings, such as sliced avocado, roasted vegetables, or a splash of balsamic sauce, are welcome additions to your Vegan Feta+Pesto Toast.
- Separate any leftover Vegan Feta+Pesto Toast before storing. Reheat the bread, spread some pesto on it, and top it with vegan feta when you’re ready to eat.
- Serve with potato wedges if you will have it for lunch/dinner.
- If you have fresh baby spinach available at home, use them fresh.
- You can swap spinach with fresh basil.
- If you are on a non-vegan diet, you can still enjoy the recipe with regular feta cheese.
If you tried this recipe, please share your comments or tag me on Instagram @veganpeanutblog.