Pizza cravings can strike at any time, but finding a satisfying vegan alternative can be challenging. Don’t worry. More and more individuals are opting for plant-based diets, and as a result, vegan tortilla pizza has become increasingly popular.
Let’s be honest, since the lockdown started we are all eating like there is no tomorrow which is understandable. At some point, we all started craving comfort food for every meal; pizza, pasta, burger, etc. This vegan pizza recipe will satisfy your cravings without tacking high calories. It is healthy, easy, quick, and delicious. It literally takes 10 minutes to be ready.
- 2 tortillas or Arabic bread
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mix of herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 7-8 mushrooms – I used canned ones
- 1 mid-size paprika or 1/2 capsicum
- Nutritional yeast or vegan cheese
- Vegan mayo (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Spread the tortillas out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- A light coating of tomato sauce or pizza sauce should be distributed evenly over each tortilla, leaving a thin border all the way around.
- Spread a lot of vegan cheese on top of the sauce. Make sure the cheese is spread out evenly so it melts properly.
- Arrange the toppings in whatever fashion you like. Try out different permutations and uses of your creativity.
- Season the toppings with oregano, basil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to taste, using an amount that suits your personal preference.
- After 10–12 minutes in the preheated oven, the cheese should be melted and the tortillas should be golden and crunchy around the edges.
- Vegan tortilla pizzas should be baked and then placed aside to cool.
- Pizzas are best served warm. You can have them for dinner, as a side dish, or as a snack at a get-together.
If you want to improve the flavor, you can add more olive oil or some fresh basil leaves.
Vegan tortilla pizza is a convenient and tasty way to enjoy a plant-based alternative to a classic dish. Because of the flexibility of this recipe, you may top your pizza with any number of vegan alternatives to cheese. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a quick weeknight dinner, or just trying to satisfy a need, vegan tortilla pizza is a delicious and guilt-free option that will certainly satisfy your longing for pizza. Get some tortillas, get creative with the toppings, and enjoy the savory, novel experience that is vegan pizza.