The Eggless Omelet is a fantastic creation that allows those who are vegan or gluten-free to satisfy their omelet cravings. This plant-based alternative is used in place of real eggs since it has a blend of nutritious ingredients that mimic the eggs’ texture and flavor. Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or just curious about trying new things, you’ll enjoy this recipe because it offers a tasty alternative to the classic omelet that doesn’t involve any animal products.
If you are vegan, I promise you will wake up every morning craving this vegan omelet. It is as tasty as it looks. And it is so easy to make. You will need 2 main ingredients, the rest is optional. If you are interested enough, let’s get to the recipe!
INGREDIENTS (220 Kcal per serving) – Ideal for 2 Persons:
- 1 cup chickpea flour – see the notes for homemade optıon
- 1 1/4 cup room temp water
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Veggie slices (optional)
- Get the mix ready: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, ground flaxseeds, nutritional yeast, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black salt, and salt. In a bowl, thoroughly combine all of the dry ingredients.
- The liquid: While stirring constantly, gradually pour the plant-based milk into the dry ingredients. Keep whisking until you have a smooth batter. If the batter is too thick to pour, thin it up with a little more plant-based milk.
- Allow the batter to sit for at least 10 minutes, preferably 15. The omelet’s texture is greatly improved after it has rested, as the flavors have had time to blend and the chickpea flour has had time to hydrate.
- While the batter is chilling, get your fillings ready. Chopping up vegetables, grating vegan cheese, and gathering herbs and spices to add to your omelet are all good places to start.
- To make the omelet, heat a skillet or frying pan that doesn’t require oil or butter over medium heat. After adding the olive oil, make sure it’s spread out evenly around the pan. To make a perfect circle, spoon a ladleful of batter onto the heated pan and swirl it around. Wait two to three minutes, or until the edges have firmed up and bubbles have formed on the surface.
- Spread the fillings out across the top of the omelet. Press them down slightly into the mix.
- Carefully fold in the sides to cover the fillings, then go on cooking the omelet. Cook the omelet for a further two to three minutes, or until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Cooking and dining: Sprinkle some fresh herbs, nutritional yeast, or your favorite sauce over the Vegan & GF: Eggless Omelet before serving. Savor the flavorful vegan option while it’s still hot.
- Homemade chickpea flour: Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. (do not use canned ones) Drain them the next day and wash them thoroughly, remove the dark ones. Spread them on a kitchen towel and pat try as much as you can. Roast them in preheated oven at 200F for an hour. Once they are completely dry and cool off, place them in a food processor and blend until the granules are as small as a flour grain. Sift it and store it in a jar.
Eggless omelets are a great option for individuals who need a vegan and gluten-free alternative to traditional omelets. With its golden outside, airy interior, and versatile fillings, this omelet creates a delightful sensory experience. Whether you’re vegan, have dietary restrictions, or just want to broaden your culinary horizons, you can use this recipe to make a delicious omelet without contributing to animal cruelty. Prepare the delectable Vegan & GF: Eggless Omelet by gathering the necessary ingredients and filling it with creative ideas.